Oct 19th, 2019
As our engineering team grows, we are currently hiring Electronic Support Engineer for toy invention including designing electronic components into toys, analyzing customer needs, determining electronic design requirements, defining testing procedures for electronic components and equipment. With this mission, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
This role will mainly be responsible for Joyin (Joyin and Spooktacular Creations) electronic toys development and holiday decorations invention. Working closely with manufactures for designing of electronic embedded board to achieve good performance and cost efficiency.
- Assume a vital technical role in electronics hardware and firmware within the engineering innovation team.
- Build FPGA development cycle for smart toys.
- Apply your knowledge of electronics, electrical engineering, embedded system design and programming, computer science, and product development to solid resource for electronics development within the company.
- Plan, organize & execute engineering of highly complex consumer products.
- Be responsible for high-quality hardware and firmware development from prototyping to production code.
- Build proof of concept and production intent designs, partnering with external resources as needed.
- Perform and design analog/digital support circuit design and code reviews and recommend technical improvements.
- Source and evaluate new sensors, IC’s and other parts/components to achieve specific features while meeting cost and manufacturability goals
- Identify and focus on critical risks and work directly with contract manufacturer to resolve any issues to ensure system designs are cohesive, on-time and on-cost
- Develop and maintain electrical specifications, engineering and production test procedures, component evaluation, schematics and layout designs.
- Test and troubleshoot prototype boards.
- Manage projects with a customer-oriented mindset and provide detailed feedback using solid engineering principles. Effectively communicate project status to necessary team members and elevate critical issues to upper management. Research new technologies and create cost-effective applications for existing technologies.
- Evaluate prototypes, pre-production and production samples for function.
- Collaborate with manufacturing and QA team on reliability and safety using DOE.
- Bridge the gap between our US and Non-US engineering teams, communicating daily with vendors in both locations
- Master's degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or other related field is strongly preferred
- At least 4+ years of engineering electronic consumer product which demonstrated ability to design and develop electro-mechanical products from concept to production Responsible for specifying electronic components, electronic hardware and software design, PCB design, firmware programming, defining bill of materials, component cost & project timelines
- Solid background in power engineering and controls, including knowledge of motor control and basic sensor principles.
- Must be proficient at IC design and device failure analysis.
- Experience with electrical design schematics and layout (Mentor Graphics PADS, Altium)
- Experience with safety standards/compliance for systems integration. NEC, UL 508A, NFPA 79, CE, CSA, SEMI S2, etc.
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Joyin Inc are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org